4.02.2020

Coronavirus Communique #2



Where to start? Thursday night. The start of the weekend over here.  Cruising solo here on my lanai watching the world go by. Listening to some grooves, drinking a gin and tonic, pondering.

Elderflower berries floating atop my adult beverage (thank you Megane for introducing me to the elderberry in the gin/tonic thingy).

Marseilles floats by. That's where I bought the dried elderberries. At some old apothecary establishment near the train station. Interesting city.  I totally dug it. I love when I'm surprised like that.  Memories of Tunisia dominated that trip. A good vibe indeed.

I can't remember when we first went into lock-down here.  Perhaps it's been a month? Yes I think so.  So much time at home. I miss The Kitts dearly. They've got this whole other life in America currently. Shaika Spot so curious. Sami Bey entertaining with his athletics; jumping in the air to catch the fish and ending up doing round-offs... Shaika chatting away while Sami plots.

I'm watching this livestream right now from last summer somewhere near La Spezia, Italy. Some DJ collective spinning in a restaurant on the sea. Everybody walking around tanned, happy, content deep in the spell of a Mediterranean summer.

Another power outage. Sulaymaniyah goes dark. And then the gradual 'turning on' of the lights in the near vicinity; the wizard behind the curtain controlling whose apartment building's lights go back on first...

The corner dukan (store) is back open for business. They got shut down by the municipality for price-gouging, I guess.  That is what I heard. They got a spanking and had to shut down for 2 days.

So the big news today is that the Carrefour Supermarket here in the city opened up again today for customers (previously only for delivery). But alas, there is no way to get there but to walk due to the roadblocks.  I'm plotting how I can re-supply my chocolate soy milk stock... Imma guess it's about a 10 mile roundtrip. Certainly doable but it would be a heavy load to haul back. Pondering.

So that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment