![]() |
| One of my favorite secret spots |
![]() |
| My run today from Louredo to Penacova along the Mondego riverfront trail |
Back in Portugal and back to my go-to favorite places along the Mondego River. Following the river from Louredo as it carves a path through the landscape, I felt like I was (slowly) moving through a living canvas. The river was so calm— to the point of drowsy— such as I was (thank you for that, Solo_Ojo).
Getting closer to Penacova, the valley became narrower and steeper. The scent of eucalyptus permeated the air while the hot summer sun baked me. The sound of cicadas was my background music.
This past spring I biked some of this route, but running it made it seem like a fresh experience. Once I spotted the white houses clinging to the side of the valley walls, I knew Penacova, up above, was within reach, so I turned around and trotted (yes, a very slow cadence...) back to Louredo.
After a slow drive back north a bit, I finished off the day at Barra in Garfanha da Nazare for sunset. Today was just the type of day that I didn't even know I needed.



No comments:
Post a Comment