8.26.2014

Geographical Monogamy...

geographical monogamy





As I get closer to Haiku (my sweet little town I reside in on Maui's North Shore) this is on my mind- monogamy. Geographical monogamy. If there is a sort of thing, I do not partake.  I guess I have an affliction called Geographical Polygamy.  Yes, I have many lovers that compete for my attention: Hawai`i, Turkey, Tunisia, Portugal, Bahrain, etc.  I cannot become satiated. I’m already wondering who I will cheat with next. Someone new perhaps… Papua New Guinea? I’m tempted. PNG seems mysterious, fresh, sexy- you know?  Libya?  I’m tempted. Libya is the ‘bad boy’ that I want to experience again, for obviously flippant reasons, and then just pick up and leave like that.  Poof I’m gone… One of those ‘stans out in the East?  I’m tempted.  "They" are likened to the foreign exchange students that I didn’t know much about in high school, or care about- until now. No big deal: "they" weren’t interested in me back then either…Now though, "they" entice me. Sometimes in the middle of the night, during the Bewitching Hour I think about those exotic 'stans... It's puzzling, and makes no sense. That is the allure... Malta?  Smooth, suave on the outside, yet raw and earthy on the inside (I'm thinking anyway). Yes, this is how I like my lovers. So much mystery to be unwrapped... S  L  O  W  L  Y.  I'm just waiting for the right moment with Malta- that's all.  I don't know if that one will be a passing fancy, or if I'll want to dig deeper and get myself involved in feelings of commitment...


Who do I always run back to though?  Turkey.  Turkey allows for an 'open relationship.' With Turkey I have the acceptance to go out and explore other lovers. This is a win-win situation for both of us.  Turkey understands me, and my whims...

Maui, well Maui is the most sacred lover of all. Maui is my comfort zone.  We have morphed into a more familial relationship: the love is there and reciprocal, but I need more.  With all of its sensational scents, scenes, beaches, palm trees swaying and moody rhythms- I still need more.  I'm perfectly fine with Maui's charms for a few months every year.  In fact, I get spoiled  with affection indeed. I can't explain it- Maui. I need Maui. I always need to run back to Maui. I always need to run away from Maui.  I can't let Maui suck me in, again.  It's so easy, Maui. That's what I love about Maui, but I want hard...

I'm soon reuniting with my current BF, Bahrain… Bahrain is bling.  I was never attracted to bling before meeting Bahrain. Now I adorn myself with it. Bahrain is the lover that I look up to for some side pointers.  How to add a little sparkle to my life in the form of Swarovski Crystals on my sandals, etc... I like the lure about Bahrain in this way.  Bahrain adds to my evolving 'polish.' Bahrain in the antithetical to Maui honestly... Bahrain forces me to dress up, cover up in modesty, whereas Maui wants, encourages even, me to just let it all hang out, and not even give it a second thought. As I lay here in my tiny bikini in Maui paradise, Bahrain is watching me- perhaps in disbelief...

It’s mostly a comfort-zone thing now.  We still adore each other, but I’m thinking "he’s" too high maintenance for me, too easy.  I want life to be hard again in the future.  For the time being, though, Bahrain is sweet, familiar, and still challenging as far as relationships go :) I know it is just a temporary thing, Bahrain.  We are both service each other well.  I will never forget Bahrain in a strange sense.  This totally spur of the moment lover has shaped me in many ways that I don't yet even understand fully, I believe. This lover has made me realize that we choose lovers for many reasons: Bahrain chose me, and I really warmed up to "him."

Geographical  Monogamy is not complicated.

Geographical Monogamy is monotonous...


No comments:

Post a Comment