2.16.2013

finally a moment to lay on my couch and ponder...

Yea,

Like how I ended that last post... I vaguely remember having an IT issue while traveling with my iPad. It was kind of like a moment where if I didn't post at that very moment, I was going to lose the entire thing.  Oh well... so, THAT was Portugal. Awesome. Here are a few disconnected yet completely valid words that comes to mind when I think to my recent Portugal trip:
Driving- actually co-piloting...
Castles- especially Castello Novo (?). Spent an excellent evening sleeping in the car on the hill overlooking this- in a parking lot, near the cemetary.
Drinking: Vinho Verde, Reds, Whites, Ports- I didn't discriminate...
Porking: Yes, I did a lot of pork sausage- and cheeses- and breads
Giant Waves
Alfama (Lisboa district): lots of colorful stories much too colorful to even divulge here in my blog...
Boots
Car Camping: and waking up in various driveways, parking lots, woods, castles, open fields, etc.
countryside coffeehouses

So it would have been wise to blog more in the moment as it is all a bit fuzzy already. One highlight was arriving in the surf town of Navare 2 days late after Hawaii dude Garrett McNamara rode a 100' wave- check the link!
(http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/jan/29/surfer-garrett-mcnamara-100ft-wave)

I arrived back to Gaziantep loaded up with essentials too (this encompasses food/beverage/boots/ entertainment)...

No comments:

Post a Comment