4.12.2013

spiritual gangster kicks ass this week (best case scenario)

Ever the sleuths here in G-tep, Solo_ojo and I headed to G-tep University campus after work today in search of the new quiver of cruiser bikes on campus that you can pick up/discard at your own will.  I noticed them last Saturday while running and on Sunday decided to spock it out after my run.  Yep, it works, and works well. 

So we were walking throughout the entire campus and not one bike was to be seen- until the end of the journey... What happened? Did all the bikes get stolen since their debut last weekend? I did manage to see another one while I was on my run right after that. Of course, Solo_ojo wasn't there to see that it really was true...

We were also to spock out this new eatery, or at least new to us.  Rumor Mill has it that they serve "Philadelphia Cheese Steak doner durum... Well, we were skeptical surely.  Anyway, I bowed out as I wanted to go for a run, and had recently eaten another sub-par durum... Apparently they were decent as I hear from the coconut wireless....

Right now: well, I'm on my couch, my belly full (uhmmmmm da kine, rum/cokes... I'm listening to AC/DC Back in Black on repeat. Yep, repeat. Fun shit.

I'm doing a bit of research tonight as well- as I'm in the perfect state-of-mind being pleasantly lit. It's been a week of small successes.  I have big news in a few areas, but not ready to divulge to you yet... Just know that my life has been forward-future-facing since February 1st.  Anyway, I visualize the future as a story in National Geographic Magazine-I did say I was pleasantly lit, right?

I'm happy to report that my running and yoga practices are flourishing.  Feels so good- this thing coined  'spring fever'. It's like falling in love all over again- every time. Speaking of falling in love all over again, I just rediscovered my spring/summer wardrobe! All the fall/winter crap stored away already or at the dry cleaners to prepare for storage- long term storage- inshallah.

Yea, it's nice to open up my armoire and see COLOR! Oh and strappy sandals and slinky dresses... Oh hell yea, get me back to Maui ASAP, or the Mediterranean, or the Aegean.

Speaking of the Mediterranean, I'm supposed to be on Cyprus right now... Didn't work out this weekend, but I've got something up my sleeve to compensate. Everything worked out the way it was supposed to this week is the way I look at it.  It was a roller-coaster week with me anticipating some news that was expected.  Is all worked out, and I'm closing in on the finale.

AC/DC is seriously pumping through my veins right now, but as it's almost 1 AM, a switch to Bob Marley is in order. More appropriate Bewitching Hour music...

Yea, smooth: Knocking on Heaven's Door- wow sweet rendition. This week was a week of inspiration. Sure I complain, but it's all pretty good- this life. I'm up for the adventure. I'm up for the challenge of what materializes next.  I know I'm definitely stoked for an American Summer: Hawaii bound and in need to chilling out in the rainforest; chilling out at the beach; chilling out in Haiku; chilling out in Hana; Then Oregon, then the UP of Michigan, then Cali, then East Coast, etc...

But Hawaii... it's always all about heading back home to the Islands.  Fuck yea. I can smell the sweet grasses of Haiku wafting down the gulch as I'm running at sunset. I can smell the night blooming jasmine in the air so strong that I choke on its sensual embrace. I can smell the rain. Yes that's right- the rain. There is nothing like rain in the rainforest. Listening to the symphony of water hitting the corrugated tin roof late at night, or in the morning while still in bed drinking coffee, or on a lazy afternoon where you don't want to leave your dwelling because you are just so content to... well... you know... just space out and enjoy the fuck outta life.

I think for everybody that there is not a feeling to compare of going back home. All the memories. All life from there picks up right where you left it off.  You walk down the street of Paia and see peeps and chat them up and they ask, "hey, you been hiding out on the South Shore or something lately.  It's been a while since I've seen you!"  You just smile and start walking together and begin to weave your thoughts into a story and proceed from there. Where you, inevitably, end up at the beach. 

Yea I'm ready.  I can't wait to visit the archaeology lab and see what all the lab rats have been up to the past year. I can't wait to rummage around in Mana Foods looking at all the healthy food. I can't wait to walk around Paia town and window shop. I can't wait to EAT.

So, that's it for this post/walk down memory lane... I'll prolly not remember this one.  I hope it makes- nonsense...

No comments:

Post a Comment