6.14.2013

No Noise Pollution Last Night at Rock & Rollah Bar in Istanbul...

You know, I cold probably just not write an entry today because the post title really says it all.  But, for entertainment purposes I will try to weave a clever story leading up to all this, but my mind is kinda fried right now.  Additionally, I can hardly get up to make myself some coffee this morning as we got all bus' up last night...

So, I left Gaziantep last week and made it to Istanbul.  I've been frantically packing, unpacking, dodging tear gas (sometimes successfully but mostly not), playing musical apartments with my friends here that still seem to tolerate my aberrant behavior, walking, tweeting (in defiance of Mr. pm here of course, who deemed it 'evil').  Talk about motormouth that man... anything that he personally doesn't endorse, he doesn't see fit for Turkish citizens to partake in... I could go on and on about this, but I'm a bit burnt out on it- as with most my inner circle here I suppose.

To sum up the above paragraph, things seem to be winding down- in terms of the Gezi Park protests here in Istanbul.  Ankara seems to be getting it this weekend... Perhaps the big rains yesterday morning dampened the protestors spirits- soaked more like it.  Perhaps it was the pm's ridiculous demands, as well as the way he stated them in his Cro-Magnon  dribble-speak.

So we made it all the way to Friday evening and oh what a night it was.  The pauper twins showed up at SwissHotel for some tasty adult beverages while visiting friends from outta town.  The trio of merry pranksters managed to come out unscathed (or still standing properly) and we all went on a field trip to Trio Pizzeria in Beyoglu with our guests.  Damn it is good to eat good foot.  I can proudly say that I HAVE NOT SEEN ONE FRICKIN KEBAP IN NEARLY ONE WEEK!!!

So after haggling with the taxi-cab hawkers and playing musical taxi-cabs, we got them off and back to SwissHotel for their next adventure- likely back to the Executive Club Lounge where we first started out.  We, on the other hand, trotted off towards Nevizade looking for some action.

I remember one bar we were perched at and thinking, "Wow, there is nobody here."  We decided that it had to be because of the ongoing protests. Weaving in and out of food traffic on Istiklal and the assortment of charming side streets, we made our way to a rock and roll bar- appropriately named Rock and Rollah Bar.  Five hours later we emerged.

Met a great group of dudes from Germany.  They (6) all knew each other in grade school, and take trips together once a year and visit a city and party.  What an air guitar nation they comprised-along with us lip-synchers, etc. I will definitely put this one on the list for next weekend when Naz visits before journeying on to Amerika- land of the free...

I think that is all for now. I'm needing to rest some more and it hurts to think. I think I need coffee though...

No comments:

Post a Comment