5.11.2013

Foul Weather/Foul Politricks... what's in store for the day?

Another severely overcast day, another extremely relaxing morning lounging in bed with coffee.  Yesterday played out like a yo-yo: up/down/up/down. period. My evening run brought sole solace to me. Of course, the Gaziantep University track team never disappoints... One of the guys came up to me post-run and asked me if I could teach them some yoga.  I'm happy to oblige.

What always keeps me on my toes on the track is tracking the futbol(s) as the soccer teams are always practicing as well. It's like rush-hour with balls coming from all angles.  One day I will get pegged for sure.  I assume I'll be in good hands at that point...

So you all can catch yourselves up with relevant news in my region with this, and then return here:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/41227/43-killed-in-car-bomb-blasts-near-the-turkey-s-border-with-syria

Now, I'm at least 3 hours away from this, but there is residue.  It is a very delicate situation, this situation.  The PM and his cohorts initially didn't want to point fingers at any one group, and even went so far as to explain that this could be due to the PKK peace process currently in effect where PKK members are exiting SE Turkey and going into Iraqi Kurdistan (this was a result from talks between Erdoğan and Ocalan in the past few months). Of course, there are some peeps that don't want this to go so smoothly, but considering this happened in Hatay Province (where the majority of Syrian refugees are), it seems to sway to "this" agenda.  Was it Assad? Was it Turkey? Was it the US thugs and their thugs (Israel, etc)? Let's be real- all governments are thugs in most respects.Was it a concentrated effort from many "sides"?

I don't know what to believe anymore. But this is also an interesting article to, perhaps, help shed some light...

http://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/139373/efraim-halevy/israels-man-in-damascus?cid=soc-twitter-in-snapshots-israels_man_in_damascus-051015

Anyway, things will reveal themselves in time- as they always do. And we will still not know exactly what we are being fed by the media, etc. I have my ideas.  I also have my cravings, and last night I was craving Syrian food from my favorite new restaurant in town.  After some deliberation though, I decided not to go as I just didn't want to get 'involved' in 'anything'- and this is being awfully vague I realize, but you would understand if you are 'boots on the ground' here. This was a sucky decision and I'm not proud of it, but I have to accept this. I have my reasons, and I have my distant memories of another time and place and situation... I think you all know I was in the wrong place at the wrong time once before...

So, I made a grilled cheese sandwich instead.  And continued to keep up with the Twitterverse news updates... Fortunately Solo_ojo came over to break me away from my laptop.  Rum and cokes galore.  It turned out to be a rather melancholy Saturday evening, but honestly many of them are... Anyway, it got me thinking about timing.  It is probably a good time to be wrapping things up here in Gaziantep.

Three cups of coffee later and I am ready to slowly greet the morning.  I'm still not ready to jump outta bed and go for a run.  Perhaps I'll wait for the frisbee crew. Perhaps it will rain again. It certainly looks threatening.   Should I do some laundry? Yes, I should. Should I clean my apartment? Yes, I should. Should I start packing up stuff? Yes, I should. Should I drink more coffee? No, I shouldn't. Should I procrastinate longer? Maybe I should...



No comments:

Post a Comment