5.17.2013

Turkey Trotting: Ankara

Glorious Saturday morning in bed with a coconut/pineapple face mask on. Freshly showered, loofah'd and glowing... awaiting... the next adventure...  I nixed the morning run, due to the previous evening's shenanigans...

To elaborate, it was the inner circle gathering up at my place: mood music, blue lights, books, maps, balcony viewing of the landscape, pupus ('appetizers' or 'nibbles' as we term it in Hawaiian Creole English), okolehau ('booze' as we commonly term it in Hawaiian Creole English), and conversation. At one point we started to do what we had originally set out to do- watch 'The Hunger Games', but couldn't push ourselves over our limits. So, we continued to talk and drink until everyone departed.
As I was cleaning up the aftermath, 2 more (fashionably late) party-goers stopped in...

So that explains my slow morning.  Even the coffee wasn't taking its usual course.  At any rate, I'm prepared.  This weekend I'm off to Ankara- Turkey's capital city.  A mixture of business/pleasure. Now, Ankara isn't usually one of the 'great' cities people talk about, but it does have its redeeming qualities... you can buy (over-priced) pork there; you can (buy an over-priced) drink in beautiful people-watching cafes there; you can take yoga classes there; you can shop-till-you-drop there, etc.

*Baconfest 2013*
detailed details to soon follow...

As I am running late today, I'm multi-tasking: throwing together a day bag (for 4 days); refreshing all my podcasts & music in Ipod; charging iPad and iPhone (I know, 'branding; to the max). Because a Hawaii denizen is always thinking about the beach, wherever they are no matter how land-locked of a situation they are in, I always have to think about a bikini to accompany me- you know, just in case...

The weather looks like it is going to hold-out (not too hot, and not too cold but just right) so this is a good thing.  I'm surprised it's not blazing hot here in G-tep this morning.  Again, this 'spring fever' concept fascinated me- most especially how the weather plays ping-pong.

I have lots to divulge, but that is going to have to occur at a later date as I need to scrub off this pineapple/coconut plaster face mask that seems to be petrifying onto my skin... I might add, though, that it is organic and you can actually eat it... I know, weird right? I also have an organic chocolate lip mask/scrub that one can eat off if one so chooses... I have all the shits and giggles here at my apartment...

So, I bid you all adieu now and will scurry off to get it together and pull off this 'escape from Gaziantep' long weekend. 



No comments:

Post a Comment