5.01.2013

running outta time in G-tep

A day off to catch up with my thoughts, and my plots... It's always good to have a day off in the middle of one's work week.  It feels like one is playing hookey, or being truant- not that I'd know anything about this sort of subversive activity.

As I was on an all-night bus ride Sunday evening, I was  completely exhausted at work on Monday morning.  I arrived at the otogar at around 3:30 AM and got back to my place at 4:00 AM. This meant 3 hours of sleep before getting up (*yawn*) and heading to work.  I was tired. I was sun burnt. I was recovering from an interesting weekend...

So last night was a wacky night. I awoke to a sunny morning (summer temperatures arrived while I was gone last weekend, apparently), yet I couldn't find the strength to get up and go on my morning run.  Instead I lazed around and had Solo_ojo over for loads of coffee.  Wardo Warden came over as well to entertain us.  Up on my deck, we all watched the world go by- unbeknownst to most all...

The plan was formulated: the dudes were going to play frisbee and I was going to go on a run.  We trotted off to Gaziantep University's futbol field and got to work.  Again, my runs have been so awesome lately.  Nothing can stop me at this point- not even the searing heat... After a little yoga session on the grass, we were ready to tackle some lunch. The Syrian Connection joined us as well as Robbelowsky at our favorite Karincayuvasi restaurant.

Somehow the rest of the day got away from me.  I know I went grocery shopping at some point. Oh, right- that reminds me: food... So, today was a strange day in terms of my gastronomic desires.  I desired loads of sugar. I can say that I bought cookies, chocolate and potato chips... Not sure the reason, but it seemed logical at the time.  I've had a mild stomach ache ever since, but decided that ultimately it was a decent thing to do... It reminded me of reading an interview once with Arnold Schwarzenegger (?) on his diet.  He said that 6 days a week he trained and watched his food intake, but 1 day every week he could eat whatever he wanted- even if it was a dozen donuts.  I decided that I liked that idea, so I try to loosely adhere to it I suppose.

Late afternoon some thunderhead clouds were forming on the northwestern horizon.  "Joy" I thought as I would have front row seats up on my deck for a wicked show.  It never arrived. I had already had my heart set on watching some movies (what a better thing to do on a soon-to-be-stormy day), so I closed the drapes to shield out the sun and abated myself sufficiently into thinking that it actually was a rainy day and proceeded to watch Stanley Kubrick's "Lolita" and season a of "Fast Forward" (unfortunately some of the epis of FF were downloaded with Spanish dubbing and Turkish subtitles so that was rather amusing).

It's 10:30 pm and the carriage is soon to turn back into a pumpkin and I will realize that I must work tomorrow. My stomach still hurts from all the strange food I shoveled in today, but I do have a smile on my face. 

So folks, this was my day. This is what occupied my brain today. I know- dull. But knowing that I had a dull day in SE Turkey just seems more exciting than having a dull day in Hawaii me thinks...

Oh yea, Plan A...Gotta love Plan A...


No comments:

Post a Comment