5.10.2013

Spring Fling

Saturday morning in bed pondering readjusting myself to get up and brew some coffee.  Yikes, no milk... Ugh. Trek downstairs to buy some (means getting dressed), or pop over to PsychoWard's next door to borrow some (means getting semi-dressed).  Option B it is... Shit, PsychoWard's not up yet... Time to be a tough cookie and take my coffee black...

Yea! BeatBoy Brandon saves the morning and actually answers his door at 8:30 AM on a Saturday and accommodates me with da cream.  Happy coffee-girl now.  So I continue on with my thought process while the Guatemala Antiga (coffee bean for you neophytes out there) is brewing:

I must start off with a current weather report here in Gaziantep:  It is kinda 'brisk' this morning- in comparison with the last week's anyway.  Yesterday late afternoon this 'Killer Hail From Heaven' rained down on us here in G-tep.  It was like nothing I have ever seen before.  I had just finished my run and was gracing Solo_ojo's presence when it 'happened.' The day was threatening rain all day- storm clouds on the horizon sitting low all day while at work and thunder/lightning show on the service bus back to Cell Block D...

For close to 10 minutes it hailed golf balls.  People were getting pegged. When I finally had the courage to leave Solo_ojo's (Cell Block B), I took with me a frying pan of his so I could safely arrive to Cell Block D.  I made it without much ado, but it was freaky.  I wonder if all those hot Gaziantep University track team dudes got stuck in the hailstorm... Speaking of, have I mentioned how AWESOME my runs have been lately... I'm all about inspiration...

Because of this atmospheric disturbance, the morning is 'chilly' by my standards. This means that I don't have to jump outta bed and run before it becomes extremely hot.  So I now have some time to chill out and let you guys in on a few secrets of mine as of late. I've been Plotting as you know. Plot A has surfaced, so Plot A it is. Where it is IS a different story though.  I still know not. But I'm prepared for across the planet. Due to this, Plan B is also still in effect standing ready- this is also an awesome option...

Ankara is on the agenda next weekend.  Time to catch up with The SunDevils as I affectionately call them (Reb and Stev-O).  I feel a weekend of debauchery coming up, BUT there is an even greater reason for my visit- SO the weekend can't be too debauchery-laden... I have an 8-page Health Verification Form that must be filled out by a US Embassy sponsored doctor- hence the visit to Ankara. Unfortunately the appointment has to wait until the following Tuesday so... 4-DAY weekend!!! Monday is a 1st round of tests that I have to pass (urinalysis and TB) before Tuesday's (everything else I assume) tests can occur. So, let the healthiness begin! I think there is even going to be a show-and-tell session at Bilkent University on Monday...

What I do know about my upcoming weekend is that BaconFest 2013 is going to occur! I also know that I'm going shopping. I also know that I'll be boozing a wee-bit. Sure to be in prime health form.  I also know that Wednesday is going to be rough... haha. Final Exams at the university... The place is going to be a dysfunctional, chaotic mess- and imma love every minute of it because it is my last here at this university. 

Truth be known, I'm already feeling nostalgic about leaving G-tep. As I trotted off to Solo_ojo's office yesterday to escape (as I always do)- regardless of if he's in his office or not- I realize that soon I will not be able to do this activity anymore.  Soon there will be no more 'fantasy email' moments in the PD Center.  Will I ever find another office-mate that likes to keep the shades down all day and lights off? (Solo_ojo affectionately coined me as the "Princess of Darkness". He always knows when I've sequestered myself away in his office as the shades are drawn and lights off). Soon there will be no more history discussions with Sensei-Says in his office. No more trips to the Psycho-Ward Chart Room. The Food Trough days are coming to a close too (not that I trot off to the Food Trough too much, but when I do, it's always a visual adventure). I will no longer be able to consult with Boracle. There are so many more of 'soon-no-mores' that I don't have time to share, but I chalk it all up to an unforgettable experience that is part of the path I'm on and I adore my path. 

Ah yes, must put that on the list of things to do- take my Turkish Buddy out to dinner this week.  She helped me through all the major obstacles there was to get used to.  She might not even know it, but she is BIG for me. I know great things are in store for us both! I hope she will keep a blog while she is in America this summer- a picture blog too!

Spring Fest 2013 was this past week on campus.  Tuesday was the most awesome day on campus for my entire 2-years here.  Here is the link for the pictures to give evidence why:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151434124023301.1073741825.595448300&type=1

A short break to talk about my coffee experience this morning- I've brewed up a rousing medium blend of Guatemala Antiga that delights the senses.  My fingers are typing faster than my brain accounts for- so, I won't be editing because I simply cannot be bothered.  I think you all know the routine by now. It's a loosely-weaved story of stories all rolled up into 1 blog posting.  So yes, this is how coffee helps me when I have no desire for boundaries concerning writing. When pouring the boiled water into the French Press, one must do so at a slow yet even pace.  There must be (air) bubbles- so the aroma can escape and titillate the senses in an ever OH-so-teasing way. So much as to make me drool in anticipation sometimes.  It MUST 'steep' for 5 minutes- in my book anyway.  This makes for an extended drool factor. The anticipation builds up and then, while you still have your wits about yourself and almost ready to burst, you busy yourself with another activity; preparing your coffee mug.  For me, this entails a little milk (I will miss Solo_ojo's cream concoction) and 1 packet of stolen brown sugar (L-Fezz I will carry on that tradition wherever I go). It's all about the coffee mug  you choose as well. I have a few in rotation; the adorable Bald Ibis mug I bought while visiting Mustafa in Biricik (near Halfeti); the requisite 'HAWAII' mug; the 'accept all religions' mug I bought during a Turkey Trot to Hatay.  Take note guest of my place- your rank/status can be determined simply by the coffee mug I offer you. Distinguished guests most commonly receive the 'HAWAII' mug, but external factors can influence this- and I have no control over these external factors...

Break over
So, it seems quite breezy out today as well.  The sun is not penetrating my double-layer of curtains (yea, I travel with my own set of colorful silk curtains for this specific purpose) so this is a good sign of the day to come- in terms of running at noon and not melting on the track.  The Petek Apartmentlari and Friends Ultimate Frisbee Team will be tossing at around noon today as well so... a healthy agenda for the day.  Other exciting tasks to accomplish today are; an eye exam with Robbelowski, and getting to the Vakif Bank ATM- woot woot. That about covers it... Tonight's mission? Not sure yet. 

Oh, Katie-girl, FYI I started watching Buffy the Vampire Slayer again- from the beginning.  I'm 4 epi's into Season 1.  Very exciting news actually as I ADORE Buffy.  As the story goes, I was Benny-sitting on Thursday as the Turkish Princess was late in coming back from work so I decided I needed to school him in some old-school tele series. I think I hooked him on it. I wouldn't be surprised if he hasn't already been on Dizi-Mag and streamed some epis...

Well, that about covers it for today as far as my Cerebral Cortex and Cerebellum are concerned- in terms of working in tandem to produce some sort of cryptic text.  Coffee has kicked in. I'm happy. Time to have a KICK ASS day- and then tell you all about it tomorrow...

cheers,
HollyMissBerry



No comments:

Post a Comment