7.20.2014

2014: Rolling thru Amerika on 18 Wheels. Volume X Georgia to South Carolina

2014: Rolling thru Amerika on 18 Wheels. Volume X Georgia to South Carolina

It's 10 pm local time. It's dark. We made miles today. We plowed through 5 states: Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Alabama and now Georgia. Mr. J.S. did an awesome job behind the wheel today. The truck stop in La Grange, Georgia was packed solid so we went across the street to an overfill empty parking lot for truckers and camped out for the night there. The cool air was a nice change and we didn't turn on the air con all night- a first this trip! 

We watched "3 Days to Kill" with Kevin Costner as a CIA hitman.  I didn't think he could pull it off, but it was a pretty entertaining flick. I have a feeling that the movie was a plug for chicks to join the CIA because Amber Heard was a badass CIA hit woman who was always dressed up in slick S & M couture... 

10:30 am and just drove through Atlanta ("Hotlanta"), Georgia. Again, lots of trees surrounding the city and much prettier than I had thought it would be. 

I don't know if it is across America, but there is a $1200 fine for littering (throwing trash out of your car) on the highway in Georgia. I know fines are heavy throughout the US, but exact numbers I'm not sure of.  This is awesome.  I have hardly seen any trash, plastic bags, etc. Bahrain and a Turkey should take note... Highway construction in America - talk about safety rules! All construction is clearly marked MILES ahead, consent ructions cones start way before construction area starts, construction signs are an electric orange color, etc. Cars speeding in an active construction zone pay DOUBLE the fine... These laws are set, and obeyed. The traffic cops here are working. They are more than happy to give out tickets to offenders. 

I secretly chuckle every time I hear mr. J. S. bitch and moan about cars doing stupid things because everything I've seen so far, to me, is child's play compared to what I witness drivers do in Bahrain.  Everyday I am behind the wheel in Bahrain I am cussing to myself at the shit the majority of drivers are doing there. Seriously. I firmly believe that driving in Bahrain has prepared me for driving ANYWHERE... 

Now let's talk about construction workers... I can't tell you how many hot guys in hard hats are working on the roads here... Sure there are loads of ogres too. And there are a lot of female construction workers too.  Why not? Great paying job, insurance, other benefits, etc. 

Talking on cell phones is illegal while driving in every state. Although I have seen this throughout the trip- but it is the exception more so than the rule... 

No comments:

Post a Comment